Thoughts while recovering from my first self-made screwdriver:
- I can’t tell if I made it stronger or weaker; the lack of ice ruined my frame of reference. Don’t worry, both the OJ and the vodka were chilled.
- Drinking it from a coffee mug is so much more college kid than a high ball glass.
- Buying from Total Wine is a pain if you’re exactly 21 (like I am). They have to xerox your drivers license and get you to fill out a form. Every. Freaking. Time.
- You need the drink to get though the first two thirds of Hot Fuzz, after that, the explosions kick in.
- Despite the hassle, I’ll probably go back to Total Wine. Four shots worth of vodka there is cheaper than one screwdriver at our usual hangout.
Next on the list: Black Cherry Vodka and… what? Give me some suggestions!